Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ bacon and cranberries
- approx. ⅔ quarts brussel sprouts, (a panful)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped into small bits
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 400º.
2. Heat iron skillet with olive oil on stovetop.
3. Slice sprouts in two and place face down in oil til browned; 3 or 4 minutes. S&P.
4. Place in oven, add bacon on top and let brown without stirring for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, melt butter on stovetop, add chopped garlic and cranberries. Soften garlic and cranberries a minute.
6. Add almonds to pan o’ sprouts. Pour butter mixture over top and let brown in oven for 15 or 20 more minutes.